So one month in to my resolutions. And you thought I forgot, eh? OK, so I kinda did. I meant to blog, but then the bubonic plague hit work, and for some strange reason I felt it better to sit in bed feebly attempting to sleep despite the owl hooting outside my window, than sit at the computer and attempt to be witty. (I know, I'm healthy now and you're still waiting for the wit, aren't you?)
So.
Resolution 1: Blog. Kinda iffy on that. We'll give it a pass. That garbage full of kleenex says it's cool.
Resolution 2: Stop Biting My Nails. You know the saying "idle hands are the devil's plaything"? Well, idle thumbs are Steph's chewtoys. 7/10 fingernails remain absolutely chew-free, so much so I had to find our nail file the other day. And 1 nail actually snagged, I didn't bit it off. But those thumbs... I gotta invest in those Stanley Cup gloves. Serious.
Resolution 3: Run Faster. Kicking ass and so taking names at this one. My running buddy (and all-around fabulous friend) Colleen said to me yesterday "we will DO this 10K and we will look HOT doing it!" I'm vain. I can get behind this. My other absolute all-around fabulous friend Shannon, who shalst not run, but promised me hot Starbucks at the finish line. Motivation. It comes in all forms.
I've also invested in about $200 worth of running "stuff" lately. You know you're getting serious when you can't find any "normal" clothes to wear, but would seriously consider meeting a friend in your sweaty sports bra and running tights because they're just so darn awesome and comfy.
Resolution 4: Binge and Purge. Look, we don't have a lot of stuff. Nor do we have a money tree outside our apartment. (We do however, have an inlet filled with geese, otter, swans, ducks, a field mouse, one very persistant raccoon and an annoying hooting owl.) So I've reduced us down to what we can handle for now. Unfortunately until that money tree pops up, or someone in Ontario stops winning Lotto Max, we're stuck with our furniture bought from a particular big box store that is known for its greeters.
Resolution 5: Read More. I recently finished Portia de Rossi's Unbearable Lightness. I have thankfully never experienced an eating disorder myself, or through anyone I know. This book gives you the low down through Portia's own experience- and it's a dark place. A crazy place. The control it takes over one's mind/body is utterly insane. Very well written, and something I would recommend- especially for women.
Just today, I took out Runners World Guide To Road Racing and The Idiots Guide To Running. No, it's not just putting one foot in front of the other at a speed faster than walking. Hey, I have Starbucks waiting for me at the finish line. I kinda wanna get there as fast as I can, man.
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Extra hot"?!
ReplyDeletexo
Absolute All Around Fabulous Friend (whose SO happy you're back to blogging!)