Friday, December 31, 2010

Back... To The Future

Yeah, I realize that starting a blog as a New Year Resolution is about as lame as resolution you can get, and also harks back to 2008. But in my defence, this is actually the 3rd time I've started this particular blog. (Old posts have now been deleted. So move on, nothing to see here. Um, except this new stuff...)

I once heard that if you want to accomplish a goal, you must say it out loud, and let at least 10 people know, so that they can hold you accountable. So, I just need about 9 more people to read this blog, and we're golden.

Without further delay- I present you with Back To The Future. Steph 2011.

RESOLUTION 1: Blog

Cool. That was easy.

RESOLUTION 2: Stop biting my nails

I have been threatened with little white cotton gloves, which I would be forced to wear daily. As awesome as I think it would be to pretend I'm the one who carts around the Stanley Cup, I think people might notice a: there's no large cup and b: the guy who carts around the Stanley Cup doesn't gnaw at his gloves like a rabid hyenna.

RESOLUTION 3: Run Faster

I ran a 10K last year with a very blase "I donno, finish in an hour?" as a goal. Well, I finished in an hour. This year, 55 minutes.

BONUS: I joined a proper training clinic for the 10K in May. And bought new sneakers on Boxing Day. I should be kicking Simon Whitfield's ass any day now.

RESOLUTION 4: Binge and Purge

Get your knickers out of a bunch. I'm not condoning eating disorders. I simply aim to binge on the items I already own, and purge those that aren't necessary.

BONUS: I already emptied out the linen closet and bedroom closet of old/ill fitting items. I turned all my hanger-used items around, and after 6 months, whatever isn't turned around the other way is gone.

RESOLUTION 5: Read More

It doesn't matter if it's an autobiogrpahy by Keith Richards (which I am totally getting from the library once the rest of the population finishes with it), or a tear-jerking tail of life and death. I wanna read it. 1 book a week.

BONUS: Will finish Michael J. Fox's A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To the Future tonight.
BONUS x2: First blog post relates to this book, famous trilogy by MJF.
BONUS x3: MJF went to my elementary school. BOOYA.

Now, go tell 2 of your friends, who will tell 2 of their friends, and so on and so on... about this nutty chick whose blog you read. Maybe they'll come read it to. Hopefully 1 of you will remember to scream "GET THAT THUMB OUTTA YOUR PIEHOLE!" as I run by, book in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment